With so much emphasis being placed on social distancing amid the coronavirus pandemic, many people in the community are changing how they typically vote, as in they are voting early!
So – what is early voting?
To answer that simply… early voting is a convenience to the voter, the Supervisor of Elections provides early voting at designated early voting sites found around the county.
These sites may be open up to two weeks prior to Election Day, with specific dates, times, and locations being posted on the Supervisor of Election website, which is VoteOsceola.com.
Currently, early voting is taking place, and will continue from 9am-7pm through August 16th. There will be no early voting on August 17th, and the primary will take place at local precincts on August 18th. When early voting the voter uses the same type of voting equipment that is used at the polls on the actual Election Day – so, unless you’ve never voted before, or it’s been a while… it’s easy.
So, how do you vote early?
Early voting is offered in the main office of the Supervisor of Elections, as well as seven other locations around the county.
To vote early, eligible voters must present a current and valid signature and photo identification at any designated early voting site. Voters may visit any early voting site to cast a ballot, unlike on the actual Election Day, when you have to place your vote at the precinct you are assigned to. Here are the locations for early voting:
- Supervisor of Elections Office located at 2509 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee
- West Osceola Branch Library in Celebration at 305 Campus Street in Celebration
- The Robert Guevara Community Center located at 501 Florida Parkway in Kissimmee
- The St. Cloud Civic Center at 3001 17th Street in St. Cloud
- The Kissimmee Civic Center located at 201 E. Dakin Avenue in Kissimmee
- The Gym & Aquatic Center at 625 Country Club Drive in Poinciana
- The Narcoossee Community Center located at 5354 Rambling Road in St. Cloud
- The Tax Collector’;s office, Campbell City Branch located at 4730 S. Orange Blossom Trail in Kissimmee.
For more information on early voting or any other voting questions, go to VoteOsceola.com.
Early voting is simple, it’s safe, and it’s secure… the Positively Osceola team encourages everyone to be an educated voter, and to consider early voting.