Fresh Florida beef and vegetables makes for a great pasta casserole…it’s Positively Delicious!
- 1 pound Florida lean ground beef
- 1 pint Florida mushrooms, slice thin
- 1 Florida zucchini, medium dice
- 1 Florida squash, medium dice
- 1 pound pasta (your favorite)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon oil, for cooking
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning (your favorite)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pasta shy of al dente, drain and set aside.
In a saucepot add the milk, heavy cream, butter, and all-purpose seasoning. Bring to a simmer and add the Parmesan cheese, ½ cup cheddar cheese and stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat a sauté pan on medium-high heat, season ground beef and brown, draining excess oil. Next, sauté the vegetables until crisp tender. In a large bowl combine the cooked beef, sauteed vegetables, cooked pasta, fresh herbs, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, and mix. Place into a buttered casserole dish and pour the cheese sauce over the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
SOURCE: FRESH FROM FLORIDA