Fresh and healthy, simple and inexpensive to make, and a great way to enjoy ingredients grown right here in the sunshine state. We think you’ll agree… it’s positively delicious!
- 1 pound Florida snap beans, stems trimmed
- 16 large Florida button mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the preheated sauté pan. Add sliced onions to pan and cook them for 3 to 5 minutes until almost caramelized. Add the green beans and garlic to the pan and continue to cook ingredients for another 3 to 4 minutes until the green beans are almost to desired tenderness. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and butter. Cook another 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve warm.
SOURCE: Fresh from Florida