Florida seafood, fresh, abundant, healthy to eat, and without a question, positively delicious! Check out this simple recipe for Florida snapper and shrimp scampi!
- 4 (6-ounce) Florida snapper fillets
- ½ pound medium Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon pimentos, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup bottled clam juice
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 12 ounces vermicelli or angel hair pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter Sea salt, to taste
Heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes over low heat, stirring often. Raise heat to medium, add capers, pimentos, wine, clam juice and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes. Add fillets and simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, spreading them evenly over the skillet; simmer for 3 minutes until fillets and shrimp are cooked through. Stir in parsley; add salt to taste. Place fillets and shrimp on pasta on individual plates. Spoon scampi sauce over all and serve.