Kissimmee Utility Authority has released its 2023 Calendar of Electrical Safety, a bilingual calendar in English and Spanish, featuring the winning entries from its 29th annual student art contest.
The calendar, available free of charge at the utility’s customer service center at 1701 W. Carroll Street in Kissimmee, features an assortment of electrical safety tips and incorporates the Osceola County School District calendar for convenient planning.
Open to Osceola County students in Kindergarten through fifth grade, the contest is designed to promote electrical safety among students and their families.
This year, a total of 1,081 entries were received from 21 Osceola County elementary schools, including, public, private, and charter school students.
A panel of judges selected 12 entries – one for each calendar month – which are featured in the full-color wall calendar.
The featured students are:
- Delilah Gonzalez, Mater Palms Academy, Grand Prize Winner, 5th Grade
- Erick Briceño, Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 3rd Grade
- Emmanuel Real, Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 3rd Grade
- Maribelle Torrez, Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 4th Grade
- Jacob Eli Ortiz, Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 5th Grade
- Skylar Hawkins, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, 1st Grade
- Maria Velasco, Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 1st Grade
- Anabella Acuna Gomez, Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 3rd Grade
- Ivan Walters, Flora Ridge Elementary School, 1st Grade
- Rebeca Sue Goodwin, Kissimmee Charter Academy, 3rd Grade
- Julianna Mapalo, Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 4th Grade
- Kylan Esquivel, Holy Redeemer Catholic School, 1st Grade
Founded in 1901, KUA is Florida’s sixth largest community-owned utility powering 90,000 customers in Osceola County, Florida. For more information, visit www.kua.com.