While Saturday will be a celebration in downtown Kissimmee for the Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Celebration parade, it comes with some street closures and a bit of limited accessibility.
A handful of streets will close from 8 a.m. until roughly 11, when the parade ends. Those streets are:
- Bryan Street between Rose Avenue and Ruby Avenue
- Patrick Street between Beaumont Avenue and Ruby Avenue
- Rose Avenue from Bryan to Emmett Street
- Emmett Street from Rose Avenue to Ruby Avenue
- Broadway from Ruby Avenue to Neptune Road
- Dakin Avenue from Broadway to Monument Avenue
- Ruby Avenue from Broadway to the train tracks
Downtown patrons and businesses should expect to avoid parking on Broadway between 6-11 a.m. due to spectator arrival for the parade. Pre-designated parking spaces and zones will be marked with signage to warn vehicle owners about parking restrictions. If the vehicle is inside the event area, it will be towed.Free parking will be available at the Toho Square Garage on Pleasant Street and the Kissimmee Intermodal Parking Garage behind the SunRail station and next to the Kissimmee Civic Center.
Church Street and Mabbette Street will be open as an alternate route to connect Neptune Road and John Young Parkway.
Access to Toho Marina will be available from John Young Parkway to Patrick Street, to Beaumont Avenue to Lakeview Drive.
Plan your route, your parking spot and place to watch the parade, and enjoy the Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Celebration parade as we make a positive difference on the community and Osceola County.