Dr. Kathleen Plinske currently serves as Executive Vice President and Provost at Valencia College and as Campus President of the Osceola, Lake Nona, and Poinciana Campuses at Valencia College. She is now on the final slate of 7 candidates for the next president to the college’s District Board of Trustees.
The Valencia College Presidential Search Committee recommended an unranked slate of semi-finalist candidates for president to the college’s District Board of Trustees. The board unanimously approved the committee’s recommendations in its regular meeting.
“I am pleased with the quality of the semi-finalist candidates, all of whom have broad leadership experience at state colleges or community colleges,” said Tracey Stockwell, who chairs the search committee and the Valencia College District Board of Trustees. “The search committee, as well as the college community, look forward to learning more about their unique backgrounds and perspectives.”
The seven candidates who will be invited for interviews are:
• Shah Ardalan, President, Lone Star College – University Park, Houston, Texas
• Donald Green, President, Georgia Highlands College, Rome, Georgia
• Charles Lepper, Vice President, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah
• Margo Martin, Vice President for Academic Affairs, College of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Lee Ann Nutt, President, Lone Star College – Tomball, Tomball, Texas
• Kathleen Plinske, Executive Vice President and Provost, Valencia College, Orlando, Florida
• Anton Reece, President and CEO, West Kentucky Community and Technical College, Paducah, Kentucky
Virtual interviews will be conducted by the search committee from Nov. 4-9.
Following interviews of the semi-finalists, as well as town hall events with faculty, staff, and students, search committee members will recommend a list of finalists to the Board of Trustees. The finalists will then participate in virtual interviews and in-person visits. The campus community and the public will have the opportunity to provide feedback on each of the finalists.
Valencia’s Board of Trustees will vote on the selection of the president at a special meeting on Dec. 18.