Just the thought of steak and peppers sautéing together makes most people’s mouths water, and when the ingredients are from the sunshine state, it just doesn’t get any better. Check out this amazing recipe for Florida Steak and Peppers. We think you’ll agree that it’s positively delicious!
- 2 Florida ribeye steaks (or your favorite cut)
- 1 large Florida bell pepper, sliced thin
- 10-12 Florida mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Preheat large sauté pan or cast-iron skillet to medium-high. Season steaks generously with salt and pepper. Add butter and fresh herbs then place steaks directly over herbs.
Sear for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Remove steaks from pan and allow to rest. In same pan add olive oil, sliced vegetables, and Worcestershire sauce. Sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Adjust seasoning as needed and remove from pan. Slice steak against the grain and serve with warm vegetables. Serve with warm vegetables. Serve with chimichurri sauce.