Looking for a fun dish to bring to summer cook-outs? Try this chicken pasta with fresh Florida vegetables…it’s Positively Delicious!
- 2 cups Florida Chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 Florida tomatoes, diced
- 2 Florida zucchini, diced
- 2 cups Florida spinach
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne, cooked (or your favorite)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Fill a medium stockpot with water and bring to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and let cool. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to preheated pan. Add diced zucchini and garlic and sauté for two minutes. Next add the tomatoes, lemon juice, cooked chicken, and the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then add in the fresh spinach. Stir to combine and simmer for additional two to three minutes. Stir in the butter, add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and add the fresh parsley, garnish with parmesan cheese and serve warm.
SOURCE: FRESH FROM FLORIDA