Millions of parents recognize that the changing academic environment over the last year has created learning gaps for their students. The excitement of a new school year is tempered with concerns such as:
- Is my child behind?
- How much learning loss has my child suffered?
- Will the learning gaps and lack of structured summer education prevent my child from being successful this school year?
During this Huntington How-To, our expert will discuss helpful tips and strategies parents can use to deal with learning loss and get their students back on track.
- What learning loss might look like this year
- The difference between a normal “summer slide” and the “COVID slide”
- How to assess what gaps exist
- Setting up a good routine for school
- Motivational strategies that work to encourage learning
- Any warning signs to look for