For the first time since the beginning of the pandemic, international traffic at Orlando International Airport (MCO) recorded positive calendar year-over-year numbers. Some 251,000 international arrivals and departures in November helped push year-to-date international traffic 1.74 percent higher than at this time in 2020.
Directly contributing to the dramatic turnaround in international numbers, November marked the return of regular air service to the United Kingdom and Dublin, Ireland. Also in November, the first-ever direct link between the most visited destination in the United States, Orlando, to the busiest airport in Europe, London/Heathrow opened.
Strong Thanksgiving holiday travel also spurred solid domestic traffic numbers for the month.
November 2021 Statistical Data:
- Domestic passenger traffic climbed nearly 106 percent in November compared to 2020 with some 3,633,450 travelers at MCO.
- International traffic increased 393.22 percent in November with 251,512 international arrivals and departures.
- Combined traffic was up nearly 114 percent with 3,884,962 passengers for the month.
- Calendar year-to-date, international traffic is up 1.74 percent with 1,559,674 arrivals and departures while domestic traffic is up 92.59 percent with 34,616,789 travelers at Orlando International Airport.
- Combined calendar year-to-date traffic is up 85.45 percent with a total of 36,176,463 travelers at MCO.