Reminiscent of the summer of 2019, this 4th of July, 13-day holiday travel period promises to bring back memories of what it was like to travel prior to the pandemic at Florida’s busiest airport, Orlando International (MCO). Predictions call for more than three times as many travelers this year over last year.
4th of July Travel Data:
- The difference in total passengers, comparing 2019 to 2021, will be approximately 250,000 or about 14% fewer.
- As the airport returns to 2019 traffic levels, travelers need to return to pre-pandemic behavior including arriving early, preparing for lines in the terminal and
- There are a total of 13 recorded holiday travel days starting June 25th lasting through July 7th
- In 2020 there were a total of about 500,000 passengers, this year MCO is expecting more than 1.5 million.
- The busiest travel day for the 4th of July time frame will be Saturday, July 3rd with more than 134,000 expected arrivals and departures.