Positively Osceola was once again honored to be asked to be a judge in KUA‘s Electrical Safety Calendar Contest. The entries were, as they always are, amazing and filled with creativity. Today Kissimmee Utility Authority announced the winners of its 25th annual student calendar art contest.
Open to Osceola County students in kindergarten through sixth grade, the contest is designed to promote electrical safety among students and their families.
This year, a total of 1,201 entries were received from 25 Osceola County elementary schools.
A panel of judges met this week and selected 12 entries – one for each calendar month – that will be featured in the utility’s 2019 Calendar of Electrical Safety.
The winners are:
- Bellalago Academy – Kristina Wu, grade 5
- First United Methodist School – Diana Rangel, grade 5
- Highlands Elementary – Diego Alejandro Gutiérrez Ochoa, grade 3 (grand prize winner)
- Holy Redeemer Catholic School – Leah Bhuiyan, grade 6; Katie Bui, grade 6
- Kissimmee Charter Academy – Andrea Bedoya, grade 5
- Life Christian Academy – Yanelieze Burgos, grade 5
- PM Wells Charter Academy – Lowrenys Castro, grade 2
- Renaissance Charter School of Boggy Creek – Gabriel Borrero, grade 5
- St. Cloud Preparatory Academy – Nahela Ghani, grade 5
- Sunshine State Elite Academy – Miguel Fajardo, grade 5
- Ventura Elementary – Samantha Consuegra, grade 4
The 12 winning students will have their artwork featured in the 2019 calendar and receive a $150 cash prize. The grand prize winner’s name and artwork will be featured on the calendar cover and affixed to a KUA fleet vehicle for one year.
The grand prize winner’s school, Highlands Elementary, will receive $750 in art supplies, and Flora Ridge Elementary will receive $500 in art supplies for submitting the most total entries in the contest.
The calendars will be distributed free of charge, beginning in late December.