In another sign of Walt Disney World returning to a post-coronavirus life, certain resorts and campgrounds will re-open today, even though the theme parks won’t begin opening until July 11.
Here’s what resorts will be opening today:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Disney resorts in Vero Beach and Hilton Head Island, S.C.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House, Pop Century Resort and Contemporary Resort will fully open July 10. Other resorts and full opening dates:
July 29: Caribbean Beach Resort
Aug. 12: Polynesian Village Resort, Art of Animation Resort
Aug. 24: Yacht & Beach Club
Sept. 21: Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Oct. 1: Disney’s Boardwalk
Oct. 14: Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s resort hotels have increased cleaning in public and high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, door handles and restrooms. Valet parking will not be available, except for guests with disabilities.
Pools will operate with social distancing. Arcades, dog parks, playgrounds, salons and spas will not, for the time being.