After a long day at the beach soaking up the sun, reward yourself with a delicious meal. Try these Grilled Shrimp skewers made with fresh Florida seafood…they’re Positively Delicious!
- 1 pound Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Florida Key limes, juiced
- ½ Florida avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning (your favorite)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Oil for cooking
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Combine and mix avocado, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, paprika, horseradish, hot sauce, garlic, lemon juice, and all-purpose seasoning in a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed with salt and pepper. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Preheat grill to high. Carefully skewer shrimp, leaving at least one inch on either side of shrimp. Drizzle lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place over direct heat and cook for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from grill and sprinkle with lime juice and parsley. Serve with remoulade sauce.
SOURCE: FRESH FROM FLORIDA