Experience Kissimmee, Osceola County’s official tourism authority, announced on Thursday that Tourist Development Tax Collections for the 2021-2022 Fiscal Year was the highest in Osceola County history, totaling more than $76 million, a 25% increase from the pre-pandemic years FY18-19.
In recognition of the extraordinary success, Experience Kissimmee approved a one-time additional contribution to each of the seven organizations supported through its contractual obligations. The total additional contribution for the seven organizations is $577,455 and has been divided by the percentage of the contractual obligation each organization received. Each organization was presented with a check during EK’s Board of Directors meeting on Thursday, April 27.
A breakdown of the seven organizations with their one-time additional contribution is found below:
- Kissimmee Gateway Airport $ 15,031
- Kissimmee Valley Livestock Show(Osceola County Fair) $ 47,597
- Osceola Center for the Arts $ 227,242
- Osceola Chamber $ 6,012
- Saint Cloud Chamber $ 6,012
- Silver Spurs Inc $ 95,194
- Osceola History (Welcome Center) $ 180,367
Totals $ 577,455