With summer right around the corner and warmer air already moving in it’s a smart idea to have your cooling system in your home ready to produce some cool relief for when you walk through the door. Kissimmee Utility Authority provides reliable resources when it comes to preparing for the winter and summer months. Here are some need to know facts and tips on the importance of having your home ready for the Florida summer heat!
- Set the thermostat on “auto” at 80 degrees or higher during the summer. For increased energy savings, set the thermostat at 82 / 84 degrees in the summer while away from home.
- Install a programmable Wi-Fi compatible thermostat, which will not forget to adjust temperatures for energy efficiency when needed.
- A simple and very inexpensive maintenance job in air conditioning and heating systems is to replace or clean dirty air filters once a month.
- Shade and trim shrubs away from outdoor compressor units.
- Inspect ductwork and repair leaks large and small. (In order to qualify for a KUA rebate, a free on-site Energy Audit is required.)
- Have your system serviced by a qualified air conditioning contractor before the cooling season.
- Check weather-stripping and caulking around windows and doors.
- Protect windows from the heat gain in summer and heat loss.
Thank you Kissimmee Utility Authority for educating residents on the many ways to prepare their homes for the summer heat and for making a positive difference in Osceola County. For more on Kissimmee Utility Authority visit kua.com.