The School District of Osceola County is currently in negotiations with the Osceola County Education Association and has made an offer to provide the district’s instructional personnel an increase in salaries valued at $9.5 million.

According to the school district they are working within the mandates of HB 641, HB 5001, and the limits of the Florida Legislature’s allocation for Osceola County.  The district will ensure all classroom teachers as defined in the statute earn the minimum base salary of $46,100.

This would be retroactive back to July 1, 2020. HB 5001 specifically states that 80% of the district’s allocation be used for this purpose. The remaining 20% of the district’s teacher salary allocation will allow the School Board to provide a $900 raise for eligible full-time instructional personnel.