St. Cloud Fire-Rescue Department and Osceola Fire Rescue & EMS worked together this morning to extinguish a structure fire located in the snake enclosure at Wild Florida.
There were no injuries to Fire Rescue or Wild Florida team members in connection with the incident, and the blaze was successfully extinguished.
“Sad to report one of our heating devices malfunctioned and a small fire destroyed our snake exhibit. Unfortunately, none of the reptiles survived the fire. Breaks our heart to lose these animals. No one else was harmed or injured in the accident. We plan to rebuild and continue to provide a safe, educational experience for our guests,” Wild Florida co-owner Sam Haught shared.
Responding units included Saint Cloud E33, R33, BC3. Osceola Squad 53, R53, E57, E51, E52 BC5, BC6, & 110.
Thank you to St. Cloud Fire-Rescue Department and Osceola Fire Rescue & EMS for another job well done, and done safely.
Photo Source; Osceola Fire Rescue EMS