Toho Water Authority (Toho) has announced its anticipated timeline for the San Remo sewer rehabilitation project in Poinciana. The work will take place in the area of San Remo Road in Poinciana (please see attached maps). This project is expected to continue through August 2020. Schedules could vary according to weather and unforeseen circumstances.
- Replacement of approximately 1,747 feet of sewer lines
- Replacement of eleven manholes
- Rehabilitation of approximately 9,341 feet of sewer lines
- Rehabilitation of twenty-seven manholes
Project begins (July 2019 to September 2019) During this period, pre-construction activities, mobilization and material procurement will occur.
Phase 1 (September 2019 to Jan 2020) The rehabilitation of the existing sewer system including the removal and replacement of manholes and sewer lines will be conducted in the San Remo Rd., Floridian Dr. and Mayan Pl. area (please see map for phase 1).
Phase 2 (January 2020 to March 2020) The rehabilitation of the existing sewer system including the removal and replacement of manholes and sewer lines will be conducted in the San Remo Rd. and Carlsbad Dr. area (please see map for phase 2).
Phase 3 (September 2019 to June 2020) The rehabilitation of existing sewer system including the removal and replacement of manholes and sewer lines will occur in the San Remo Rd. and Mendoza Dr. area (please see map for phase 3). Approximately the first six months of this phase will be related to site preparation in order to conduct the rehabilitation project. This may include approved relocation of power utilities, tree trimming, fence removal and site dewatering.
Phase 4 (August 2019 to May 2020) Spot repairs on sewer system and lining of manholes in the San Remo Rd. area (map coming soon).
Phase 5 (September 2019 to July 2020) Lining of sewer lines and manhole restoration in the San Remo Rd. area (map coming soon).
Project completion (July 2020 to August 2020) Closeout of construction activities
ROAD CLOSURES AND BLOCKED DRIVEWAYS
During the project, temporary road closures and blocked driveways will occur. Residents will be notified in advance should their driveway be temporarily blocked. Motorists and pedestrians are urged to use caution when approaching these areas. Speed limits may be reduced in certain areas. Signage will be placed as needed to keep residents and the traveling public informed of the project.
Toho will work to minimize any impacts on the community as much as possible. Area restoration will be conducted as the project progresses. Updates will include any impacts on traffic and residents. The project and its updates will be posted on www.tohoprojects.com.
- Noise and vibrations
- Barricades and fencing for safety
- Trucks, machinery and equipment
- If you see a potentially unsafe situation or equipment or fencing that requires attention, please contact Toho’s Customer Service Department immediately at 407-944-5000.
- Children are often curious about construction work. Keep them away from the construction site at all times to avoid accidents.
- If you become aware of a public safety emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- Please call Toho Water Authority’s Customer Service Department if you need any additional information at (407) 944-5000.