Valencia College accounting students and professors are offering free tax preparation help to the public. The volunteer tax preparers will be e-filing electronic returns for free at two Valencia College campuses on select Saturdays in February, March, and April. This service is open to the public, and preference will be given to senior citizens, the disabled, and low-income individuals.
At the college’s Osceola Campus in Kissimmee, the tax sessions will be held every Saturday from Feb. 12 through April 2, except on March 12, when Valencia College will be closed for spring break. The sessions will take place in building 3, room 100. The hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Osceola Campus is located at 1800 Denn John Lane, Kissimmee. Everyone is asked to wear a mask.
For those who live closer to Valencia College’s East Campus, the tax sessions will be held on Feb. 19 and 26; March 19 and 26; and April 2 and 9. The sessions will take place in building 7, rooms 117 and 118. The hours are from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The East Campus is located at 701. N. Econlockhatchee Trail, Orlando.
Those interested in getting tax help are asked to bring the following:
• All W-2, W-2G and Social Security amounts
• 1099s, 1099R, interest and dividend statements
• Documentation to show other income
• Total day-care costs and day-care provider’s tax ID number
• IRS Letter 6419, which went to taxpayers who received the advance child tax credit
• IRS Letter 6475, which was mailed to taxpayers who received a third stimulus payment
• Copy of last year’s return, if available
• Social Security cards for you, your dependents and/or spouse
• Driver’s license or other government-issued ID for you and your spouse
• Proof of bank account for direct deposit of refund (a voided check, for example)