Today is April 11th, and that means it is National Pet Day. On National Pet Day we dedicate the day to those awesome companions that make our lives so special, as well as those pets who may not always get the companionship and attention pets deserve.
While loving our pets is something many of us do every day, National Pet Day raises awareness of those pets who aren’t receiving that love and attention. Perhaps the pet’s companion isn’t well and unable to care for the animal, or the pet may be in a place where they need to be adopted. Whatever the situation, it’s an opportunity to remind the community that Osceola Animal Services is an outstanding place to find wonderful furry companions, and they’re very affordable. Just go to OsceolaCountyPets.com for more information.
National Pet Day is an excellent time to do a few checks for your pets like the following:
- Go through your furever family member’s toys.
- Throw away any items that are no longer safe.
- Maintain your pet-friendly home.
- Keep cords and toxins secure from your four-legged friends – this includes phone chargers.
- Verify when vaccinations are due and schedule an appointment to update if they are due.
- Check collars to ensure tags are secure and numbers are current.
So, if you’re a proud pet owner, whether that’s a dog, a cat, a horse, a ferret, a turtle, or even a cockatiel. Share your wonderful pet’s photo here on this post!
Happy National Pet Day everyone!