Next Week Guests Can Experience GATOR WEEK with FREE ADMISSION at Wild Florida!
Wild Florida is looking forward to sharing the knowledge and passion they have with their visitors. The team at Wild Florida will be hosting a one-of-a-kind event centered around one of Florida’s most recognizable, yet misunderstood animals… the alligator, during the 3rd Annual Gator Week – May 6th through 11th. You and your family can enjoy a week full of gator-themed activities and demonstrations. Wild Florida will be offering everyone FREE admission to its Gator Park during Gator Week!
Gator Week Event Schedule
Monday, May 6 – Gator Smash Demo
- See the power of an alligator’s and crocodile’s bite and time their reflexes through a bite demonstration with fruits and vegetables.
- Later that day, Wild Florida will host its first ever “gator water polo” game in the Gator Pond.
Tuesday, May 7 – Best Gator Call and “Clock-the-Croc” Competition
- Just like a cat or a dog, alligators make a very distinct sound. But luckily for you, their sound is easy enough to replicate that everyone can become a gator call master!
- Join Wild Florida at 12:00 p.m. in their Exotic Animal Pavilion to compete (or watch) their 2nd Annual Gator Call competition. Not only will the winner take home bragging rights for being the best gator caller but they will also take home a special prize from one of their sponsors!
- Stick around as Wild Florida will also hold its first ever “Clock-the-Croc” race, where they will measure one of the crocodile’s speed in and out of water.
Wednesday, May 8 – Bite Force Comparison
- You might know that alligators have a strong bite. But just how strong is it?
- Join Wild Florida at the Gator Feeding Show pavilion as they measure the bite force of their snapping turtle, freshwater crocodile, alligator, and caiman.
- After the bite force test, stop by the Chomp House Grill as the Wild Florida team tries to break the world record for longest gator po’ boy!
Thursday, May 9 – Gator Jumpathon
- People often think alligators can only hunt for food that happens to go for a swim, but their powerful tails can help propel half of their body out of the air.
- Head to the Gator Pond at 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to see just how high our alligators can jump!
- After each Gator Jumpathon, Wild Florida will give guests the opportunity to jump like a gator themselves and participate in the first-ever “Gator Jump Competition.”
- In between all the gator-themed activities for the day, there will also be bounce houses available for kids to enjoy!
Friday, May 10 – ‘Gator Night Life’
- Everyone might be used to seeing alligators during the day, but what about at night?
- Wild Florida will stay open after dark and do a special gator feeding show with their biggest alligator, Crusher.
- Wild Florida will also host another Wild Paint Night Out with their albino alligators, Snowflake and Blizzard! Along with painting these albino beauties, guests can also enjoy a delicious buffet dinner.
- But don’t limit yourself to just seeing alligators inside our Gator Park!
- For one night only, Wild Florida be offering discounted night airboat tours to give everyone a unique experience of seeing how wild the swamp is in the moonlight.
Saturday, May 11 – “Gator Slush Rush”
- Capping off another year of Gator Week, there will be a Gator Week Corn Hole and Gator Slushy Drinking Competition, where the winner from each competition will win a special prize.
Head on out to Wild Florida during Gator Week, May 6th through 11th to make some unforgettable memories with your loved ones and learn more about these amazing creatures.