This recipe puts a sweet twist on Florida Shrimp…it’s Positively Delicious!
- 12 jumbo Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tail on
- 2 tablespoons Florida Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Florida seafood seasoning blend, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half sliced for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme), chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Preheat a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add half the butter to the preheated pan. Carefully add the shrimp to the pan one at a time, giving them some space to cook. Season the shrimp with half of the seasoning blend. Cook the shrimp without moving them for 2 minutes, then using tongs, carefully flip each shrimp. Add another pinch of the seasoning blend, garlic and fresh herbs. After cooking for another 2 minutes, add the rest of the butter, lemon juice and several dashes of hot sauce. Stir ingredients to coat and remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and any leftover seasoning blend. Serve warm with Florida Blueberry BBQ Sauce and lemon slices on the side.
SOURCE: FRESH FROM FLORIDA