Grace Landing launched “Fostering our Future” in Central Florida, almost 3 years ago. Fostering our Future is a community-based church-led initiative designed to solve the Central Florida foster care problem. The issues that arise in foster care are capacity, stability, and quality. Grace Landing mobilizes, organizes, and equips churches and families to care for vulnerable foster children as a compassion ministry of the local church.
As of December 31, 2018, Grace Landing has:
- 12 Strategic Church Partners in 2 counties, growing in Central FL
- 53 children served in the first 27 months of operation
- Sibling groups living together represent approximately 67% of the children we serve
- 10 approved foster families/ 11 host families for 18-23-year-old youth
- 1 family in the approval process
- 4 adoptions
- Fostering Our Future has a 100% foster family retention rate at 27 months operation
On Saturday, June 1, 2019, Grace Landing/Fostering our Future, will be hosting their 9th annual “Paddle Challenge” Canoe Race held at the St. Cloud Lakefront. Last year they were able to raise over $42,000 to help recruit strategic churches to engage in foster care ministry to place and support our homeless youth. Their goal this year is to reach $65,000.
Registration form and individual waiver form available at www.gracelanding.com.
For more information contact Judaa@gracelanding.com or Hayleyh@gracelanding.com for questions.
Grace Landing is working hard to address and resolve issues for homeless youth who are between the ages of 18 and 23, many of whom have aged out of the foster care system. They are truly making a positive difference by connecting their hearts to the youth, to provide them a home, so they can have a better tomorrow.
Photo Credit: Grace Landing