Kissimmee Utility Authority recently released its 2019 calendar of electrical safety, featuring the winning entries from its 25th annual student art contest.
The calendar, available free of charge at the utility’s customer service center at 1701 W. Carroll Street in Kissimmee, features an assortment of electrical safety tips and incorporates the Osceola County School District calendar for convenient planning.
Open to Osceola County students in kindergarten through sixth grade, the contest is designed to promote electrical safety among students and their families.
This year, a total of 1,201 entries were received from 25 Osceola County elementary schools.
A panel of judges selected 12 entries – one for each calendar month – which are featured in the full-color wall calendar.
The featured students are:
- Bellalago Academy – Kristina Wu, grade 5
- First United Methodist School – Diana Rangel, grade 5
- Highlands Elementary – Diego Alejandro Gutiérrez Ochoa, grade 3 (grand prize winner)
- Holy Redeemer Catholic School – Leah Bhuiyan, grade 6; Katie Bui, grade 6
- Kissimmee Charter Academy – Andrea Bedoya, grade 5
- Life Christian Academy – Yanelieze Burgos, grade 5
- PM Wells Charter Academy – Lowrenys Castro, grade 2
- Renaissance Charter School at Boggy Creek – Gabriel Borrero, grade 5
- St. Cloud Preparatory Academy – Nahela Ghani, grade 5
- Sunshine State Elite Academy – Miguel Fajardo, grade 5
- Ventura Elementary – Samantha Consuegra, grade 4
For more information, visit https://kua.com.