New 2023 voyage dates for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will soon be available at Walt Disney World Resort. Beginning Sept. 1, 2022, guests may book two-night vacation experiences aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser for voyage dates through the end of September 2023.
Making its debut earlier this year at Walt Disney World Resort, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser introduced a first-of-its-kind immersive experience going beyond anything Disney has created before and continues to receive stellar reviews from guests of all ages. Guests become the heroes of their own Star Wars stories during a two-night adventure aboard the Halcyon starcruiser, a vessel known for its impeccable service and exotic destinations. Passengers relax in well-appointed cabins, enjoy exquisite dining and out-of-this-world entertainment, experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in new ways, and explore the ship in search of hidden secrets and new opportunities.
Throughout the voyage, guests’ choices determine their personal stories as they interact with characters, crew and other passengers, becoming part of the action and the broader Star Wars saga. They may be asked to keep a secret, deliver a covert message, take part in a high-stakes heist, defend the ship, hide an ally … the possibilities are seemingly endless. Decisions guests make affect how these tales unfold, intertwining with those of other passengers and well-known characters such as Chewbacca and Rey as momentum builds on an action-packed adventure that may determine the fate of the galaxy.
From Walt Disney World to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser debuted during “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honoring the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, adding to the abundance of new experiences across the resort during this historic milestone.
- The adventure begins when guests arrive at the Halcyon starcruiser terminal near Disney’s Hollywood Studios and check in for their two-night experience.
- Guests enter a Launch Pod to begin their Star Wars Through viewports, they see their world fall away as they jump to hyperspace and draw closer to the magnificent Halcyon starcruiser.
- When the Launch Pod docks and the airlock opens, guests step into the ship’s main deck Atrium to begin their journey through a galaxy far, far away.
An Experience Going Beyond Anything Disney Has Created Before
Star Wars infuses every moment onboard the Halcyon starcruiser, where each detail of the experience is meticulously crafted to create a compelling, complete, all-consuming story.
The immersive experience features thrilling onboard activities, such as:
- Learning the ancient ways of the lightsaber and facing off against a training remote, where guests may discover their own connection with the Force just as Luke Skywalker once did.Visiting the starcruiser’s Bridge to learn about its systems and how to operate them, including weapons and shields – skills that may come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
- Playing holo-sabacc in the ship’s Sublight Lounge, where guests can try their luck against other passengers in this game of skill, strategy and chance.
- Passenger cabins feature a viewport out to space that continuously changes throughout the journey. Other special touches include sleeping berths reminiscent of those seen on other famous Star Wars ships such as the Millennium Falcon.
- Guests can explore the starcruiser and perhaps discover hidden spaces perfect for uncovering secrets or holding clandestine meetings.
Dynamic, Interactive Storytelling Unfolds in Real Time
A visit on the Halcyon starcruiser invites guests into a two-night, interactive story that interweaves with crew members, other passengers, droids and familiar Star Wars characters such as Rey, Chewbacca and Kylo Ren. As they choose alliances and chart their own courses, guests may encounter the starcruiser’s strong and charismatic captain, a plucky mechanic, or a charming scoundrel with an ulterior motive, among others.
- Characters may engage with guests throughout the voyage, everything from simply asking about their homeworlds to inviting them to protect valuable information or take part in a mission.
- Passengers can deepen their engagement with characters and storylines by using the Play Disney Parks mobile app on their smart devices.* Through the Star Wars: Datapad inside the app, guests can access a plethora of functions.
Dining Is Part of the Show
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser boasts a robust and imaginative dining program developed especially for this experience. Passengers discover menus full of familiar tastes but unexpected colors and textures, deepening the immersion of their galactic voyage.
Guests find refreshment each day in an enticing supper club known as the Crown of Corellia Dining Room. This dynamic and welcoming hall offers breakfast and lunch buffets during the day, and then comes alive each night of the voyage with a lavish multi-course, table-service menu of both otherworldly and familiar origins.
The first night’s dinner features a live performance from Gaya, the Twi’lek musical superstar who captivates her audience as she moves throughout the room singing her biggest hits. (Passengers may find listening to Gaya’s performance brings insight into more of the goings-on around the ship, as well.)
The second night offers the “Taste Around the Galaxy” dinner experience, where each course hails from a different planet.
The Sublight Lounge, located just off the ship’s Atrium, offers a stylish locale for passengers to socialize and enjoy casual refreshments, including an assortment of ales, wines and signature cocktails from across the galaxy, along with light snacks.