Publix is recalling a number of butternut squash products sold at its stores due to possible listeria contamination.
The recall includes two Pero Family Farms butternut squash products and three Publix brand steam-in-bag butternut squash products.
The recalled products include:
▪ Publix Steam In Bag Green Bean Butternut Squash with expiration date of 01/03/2021-01/14/2021
▪ Publix Steam In Bag Season Butternut Medley with expiration date of 01/03/2021-01/14/2021
▪ Publix Steam In Bag Butternut Brussel Pecan with expiration date of 01/03/2021-01/14/2021
▪ Pero Family Farms Butternut Squash Cubed Tray with expiration date of 01/15/2021-01/20/2021
▪ Pero Family Farms Butternut Squash Veggie Spirals Tray with expiration date of 01/15/2021-01/20/2021
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with the issue.
Pero Family Farms Company, LLC, is the supplier of the butternut squash ingredient.
Listeria Monocytogenes is an “organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems,” said Publix. “Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal p