Consider ripping open an Almond Joy candy bar or munching on chocolate covered almonds today, Monday July 8th, to celebrate National Chocolate with Almonds Day!
No need to secretly indulge in these sweets because eating almonds can be very beneficial towards your health. Here are the health benefits of almonds:
- reduce the risk of heart attack
- lower ‘bad’ cholesterol
- protects artery walls from damage
- help build healthy bones and teeth
- provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss
- lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin after meals
- help provide good brain function
- nourish the nervous system
- alkalize the body
When it comes to adding almonds to chocolate, the options are plentiful. Celebrate this National holiday by whipping up some desserts with this timeless combination. We are POSITIVE that chocolate with almonds will satisfy your cravings and benefit your body’s health.