The change in school levels, especially from middle to high school, can be an exciting, nervous and sometimes overwhelming one, with questions and fears of the unknown. The School District of Osceola County aims to ease those fears by hosting Ninth Grade Student Curriculum Nights for current eighth grade students and their parents at the schools they are zoned for or wish to attend.
At these events families with incoming ninth graders can meet their new principal, get an idea of what classes will be offered, learn the campuses, find out about extracurricular clubs and extracurricular sports offerings, and give parents and insight into the next step of their child’s education.
Here’s a list of schools’ Curriculum Nights:
- Poinciana High – Jan. 13, 5-7 p.m.
- St. Cloud High – Jan. 14, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Osceola County School for the Arts – Jan. 15, 6-8 p.m
- Celebration High – Jan. 22, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Gateway High – Jan. 22, 6-8 p.m.
- Liberty High – Jan. 22, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Osceola High – Jan. 22, 5-6:30 p.m.
- NeoCity Academy – Jan. 23, 5-7 p.m.
- Harmony High – Jan. 23, 6-8 p.m.
- Tohopekaliga High – Jan. 23, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Professional And Technical High School – Jan. 23, Feb. 18, March 24 and April 23, 5-6 p.m. each night