The Orlando Area Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) installed a new board of directors on Tuesday. The following individuals will hold office for a term of one year, beginning September 1, 2022:
- President – José Luis Dieppa, external communications manager, AdventHealth
- President-Elect – Valerie Moses, MBA, senior relationship manager, Addition Financial
- Immediate Past President – Ali Beemer, APR, communications manager, Darden Restaurants
- Secretary – Paula Machado, public relations manager, Disney Cruise Line
- Treasurer – Sarah Kelliher, communications strategist, Curley & Pynn
- VP of Credentialing – Melissa Zayas Moreno, APR, communications and public affairs manager, City of Kissimmee
- VP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Mandy Kimmer, APR, CPRC, public information officer, Orange County Government
- VP of Programming – Sarah Nemes, director of public affairs, Embrace Families
- VP of Communications – Leilani Vaiaoga, communication coordinator, MetroPlan Orlando
- VP of Communications – Mark Richardson, public relations and communications manager, Seminole State College of Florida
- VP of Image Awards – Julia Amorim, public relations and branding consultant
- VP of Awards and Recognition – Cynthia Velasco, marketing manager, McGraw Hill
- VP of Student Outreach – Jennifer Vasbinder, public relations coordinator, Universal Orlando Resort
The FPRA Orlando Area Chapter hosts monthly programs including panel discussions, speaking engagements, roundtables, networking events and professional development opportunities with experts and leaders from the Public Relations, Communications and Marketing industries.
“FPRA Orlando strives to help our members become successful by providing unparalleled professional development opportunities,” said José Luis Dieppa, incoming president of FPRA Orlando Area Chapter. “With representatives from a variety of industries throughout Central Florida, the new board provides unique perspectives and will help us strengthen our resources for our members and have a positive impact in our region.”
In addition to the board installation, the chapter presented two awards that recognized the dedication and commitment of FPRA Orlando Area Chapter members to the local group. The Dr. Bob Davis “Unsung Hero” Award was presented to Christine Dellert Mullon and the Member of the Year Award was presented to Sarah Kelliher.
In September, FPRA Orlando will host a professional development program set for Thursday, September 29, at 7:45 a.m. at the Orlando Economic Partnership in Orlando.